At Komatsu we continue to align and exceed Federal and State guidelines regarding travel restrictions, social distancing, self-isolation, personal and workplace hygiene. Our actions are designed to help protect the lives and livelihoods of our people, our customers, our communities and our business partners.
We continue to take the following steps to mitigate the business risks associated with COVID-19. These steps ensure we execute targeted, expedient, and effective business continuity plans and manage the return to work process with care and diligent monitoring.
- Planning Team: We continue to constantly monitor the situation and enact or adapt plans as changes occur in the current situation in which we are all operating. Whilst monitoring current adherence to Federal and State guidelines and regulations we have moved focus towards the return-to-work strategy. The social distancing and hygiene standards have resulted in no COVID-19 cases to date and the return to work plan for employees working from home seeks to maintain these standards as regulations are relaxed and employees return to the workplace.
- Parts Supply Chain: TOLL have advised us they are experiencing a system outage that may cause delays in dispatching parts from our east coast DCs. They anticipate the outage will be resolved during the week commencing 17 May 2020, although there may be some ongoing track and trace issues. In the meantime, we have enacted our business continuity plan and are sourcing and dispatching customer parts orders from branches to address potential delays from the DC. As an alternative method, we encourage you to order parts through the Komatsu Customer Portal on www.my.komatsu.com.au. As soon as the outage is resolved, we will provide you with an update, through your local Komatsu representative. For all enquiries please contact the Customer Support Centre on 1300 566 287.
We continue our daily communication with OEMs and supply partners, both locally and globally, and the current security of supply is robust.
- We are in daily communication with our factories and supply partners, both locally and globally. We remain confident at meeting the parts requests of our customers because:
- Our daily monitoring and reporting of changes impacting global and local parts suppliers shows no effect on our regular parts supply for Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
- We continue to place stock orders on our suppliers based on our standard internal protocols with the additional distribution of high demand parts to branches as a mitigation strategy in the event we do incur supply issues from our distribution centres in the future.
- We are in daily discussions with air, land and sea transport partners and envisage minor delays where shipments are received in Sydney for despatch to Western Australia.
- We continue refining our planning process to consider future demand and recent buying patterns in this unusual period, strengthening the security of parts supply moving forward.
- We understand that dramatic changes imposed by governments can affect our security of supply and timely parts delivery to our customers. Our mitigation strategy includes scenario planning that may result in the modification of existing procedures to maintain parts supply to our customers.
- In our warehouses and distribution centres we have gone to great lengths with our workforce practices, rosters, and hygiene to ensure we can continue to supply parts to our customers.
- Manufacturing, Equipment Assembly and Reman Components: To date there is no impact to machine deliveries or reman components. We continue to monitor our production schedules in conjunction with any supply chain changes to determine any delays. While we are not anticipating any current delays, should this change due to the current COVID-19 situation we will work with you to achieve the best outcome.
- Customer Support: We are taking extra measures to support your business and help us all stay safe. Our service, technical and parts support for our customers continues as normal and when on a customer site we are observing our customers’ COVID-19 health and wellbeing regulations. You can be assured that every Komatsu Technician is continually, extensively and regularly updated in COVID-19 protocols, and that your valuable machinery will be returned sanitised, tagged and ready to work.
We have gone one step further and established a COVID Certification Program which is audited ensuring our people are trained, customers machines are left in the best state, and we have taken every practical step to minimise any potential virus spread. This will give our customers the confidence that our people are highly trained in preventing the spread of the COVID virus.
- Workforce Actions: We are doing everything possible to protect the health and livelihoods of our people, our customers and communities in these extraordinary times.
The details of all Komatsu’s COVID-19 protocols are now conveniently available in a single brochure for our customers, partners and employees. The brochure can be found on our website at https://www.komatsu.com.au/covid-19
- Contacting Komatsu: Our customers are always welcome to talk with us. The more communication with our customers the better and right now it will be by phone, email or online. However, if you need us on site we will be there for you and assist the best way we can. We will observe the protocols of the standard COVID-19 symptom questions and social distancing and we will not send anyone to a customer’s site if there is a risk of transferring the virus.
We do have avenues to contact us to help achieve supply chain continuity and observe the social distancing protocols. These are as follows:
- 1. Online Customer Portal: https://my.komatsu.com.au/ or https://my.komatsu.co.nz/
a. Fast and easy search & ordering process, subsidised freight and freight tracking, backorders, self-service, 24/7, 100% contactless process
b. Purchase via Credit Card (e.g. Cash Sale) or on account
- 2. Komatsu Customer Support Centre: https://www.komatsu.com.au/company/contact-us
a. For those customers that prefer to speak to a CSR or have a more complex enquiry, 24/7, 100% contactless process
b. Purchase via Credit Card (e.g. Cash Sale) or on account
Komatsu is intent on doing everything we can to stop the spread of the virus as an obligation to Our People, Our Customers, Our Business Partners and Our Community.
If you have additional questions or require further information, please contact your Komatsu representative.